Preamble and theme: The ISS 2009 held in Memorial University brought together a set of researchers and speakers to discuss the latest development on inferences for discrete familial and longitudinal data. The symposium was a great success with its immediate end result in the form of a special issue of the Canadian Journal of Statistics (2010, Vol. 38, June issue, John Wiley). It is, however, expected that the inferences would become much more complicated when longitudinal data collected from the family members are subject to outliers, measurement errors and/or non-response. The purpose of this ISS 2012 is to bring together a set of speakers and discussants to describe the latest research such as parametric and non-parametric inferences in these three complex areas with applications to Biostatistics, Econometrics, and Ecological and Environmental studies, among others.
Symposium Venu: The meeting will take place in the Bruneau Centre [formerly Inco Innovation Center (IIC)], located in the centre of the campus of Memorial University, St. John's, Canada
Organizing CommitteeGeneral Chair:
- Brajendra Sutradhar, Memorial University [[Your browser cannot view this email address]]
- Nairanjana Dasgupta, Washington State University, U.S.A.
- Patrick J. Farrell, Carlenton University, Canada
- Alwell Oyet, Memorial University, Canada
- Vandna Jowaheer, University of Mauritius, Mauritius
- Rosalind English, Memorial University [[Your browser cannot view this email address]]
- Zhaozhi Fan, Memorial University
- J. C. Lordeo-Osti, Memorial University